Readington Township is seeking a Field Inspector/Soil Witness to work on an
“as-needed” contractual basis. $25.-30./hr Individual must have the following qualifications:
1) Knowledge of subsurface septic disposal system components and functions.
2) Knowledge of State Code 199 and amendments regarding Permability Testing and Soil Suitability Classifications for subsurface septic disposal system.
3) Knowledge of Pitbail, Basin Flood, Soil Permability Class Rating test, Piezometer installation and ground water reading procedures and documentation.
4) Knowledge of Readington Townships ordinances regarding time and testing procedures. Township set-back requirements for stream, wetlands, storm drains, tanks, wells, property lines, etc.
5) Completion of Rutgers/Cook College Soil Classification Course or related experience.
6) Ability to map locations of soil tests, wells, buildings or any other pertinent information Board of Health members may need in their review.
7) Ability to set-up appointments with engineering firms and provide soil test witnessing in a timely fashion (2 weeks).
8) Coordinate all test data with Board of Health Secretary.
9) Coordinate with Board of Health Secretary all billing fees.
This position requires a clean driving record and a valid NJ driver’s license. The Township of Readington is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Send letter of interest and resume to Vita Mekovetz, Administrator, Readington Township, 509 Route 523, Whitehouse Station, NJ 08889.